Understanding Sexual Objectification: A Comprehensive Approach Toward Media Exposure and Girls' Internalization of Beauty Ideals, Self-Objectification, and Body Surveillance
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
© 2012 International Communication Association
Journal of Communication
Volume 62, Issue 5, pages 869–887, October 2012
How to Cite
Vandenbosch, L. and Eggermont, S. (2012), Understanding Sexual Objectification: A Comprehensive Approach Toward Media Exposure and Girls' Internalization of Beauty Ideals, Self-Objectification, and Body Surveillance. Journal of Communication, 62: 869–887. doi: 10.1111/j.1460-2466.2012.01667.x
- Issue published online: 5 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!