Efficacy and tolerability of initial combination therapy with vildagliptin and pioglitazone compared with component monotherapy in patients with type 2 diabetes
Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2007
2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 175–185, March 2007
How to Cite
Rosenstock, J., Kim, S. W., Baron, M. A., Camisasca, R.-P., Cressier, F., Couturier, A. and Dejager, S. (2007), Efficacy and tolerability of initial combination therapy with vildagliptin and pioglitazone compared with component monotherapy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, 9: 175–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1463-1326.2006.00698.x
- Issue online: 31 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2007
- Received 7 November 2006; returned for revision 17 November 2006; revised version accepted 23 November 2006
- 2Oral monotherapy and combination therapy. In: CefaluWT, GerichJE, LeRoithD eds. The CADRE Handbook of Diabetes Management. New York: Medical Information Press, 2004; 127–144., .
- 3American Diabetes Association. American Diabetes Association (ADA) guidelines: clinical practice recommendations. Diabetes Care 2006; 29 (Suppl. 1): S1–S85.
- 4Management of hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes: a consensus algorithm for the initiation and adjustment of therapy. A consensus statement from the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2006; 29: 1963–1972., , et al.
- 14Combination treatment of a DPP-IV inhibitor NVP-LA237 with pioglitazone completely normalized glucose tolerance in adult obese zucker rats. Diabetes 2002; 51 (Suppl. 2): A338–A339., , et al.
- 17Triple therapy with glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled by metformin and a thiazolidinedione: results of a 30-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study. Clin Ther 2005; 27: 1535–1547., , , , .
- 19LAF237 is a DPP-4 inhibitor that improves model-assessed β-cell function in drug-naive patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia 2004; 47 (Suppl. 1): A284–A285., , , , , .
- 20Restoration of an acute insulin response to glucose (AIRg) in drug-naïve patients with type diabetes (T2DM) by 3-month treatment with vildagliptin. Diabetes 2006; 55 (Suppl. 1): A108., , et al.
- 21Metabolic effects of incretin hormones I. Diabetologia 2006; 49: 401., , et al.