The findings reported in this paper come from the International Comparative Study of Ethnocultural Youth (ICSEY), carried out in 13 countries. Members of the project group are (in alphabetical order of countries) C. Leung, R. Pe-Pua, R. Rooney, & D. Sang (Australia): J.W. Berry & K. Kwak (Canada); K. Liebkind (Finland); C. Sabatier (France); P. Schmitz (Germany); G. Horenczyk (Israel); P. Vedder & F. van de Vijver (The Netherlands); C. Ward (New Zealand); D.L. Sam (Norway); F. Neto (Portugal); E. Virta & C. Westin (Sweden); L. Robinson (United Kingdom) and J.S. Phinney (United States). Members of the team contributed to various aspects of the study, including its conceptualization, the development of the instrument, and the collection of data in their respective countries.
Immigrant Youth: Acculturation, Identity, and Adaptation
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2006
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 303–332, July 2006
How to Cite
Berry, J. W., Phinney, J. S., Sam, D. L. and Vedder, P. (2006), Immigrant Youth: Acculturation, Identity, and Adaptation. Applied Psychology:An International Review, 55: 303–332. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-0597.2006.00256.x
An account of the ICSEY study can be found in J.W. Berry, J.S. Phinney, D.L. Sam, & P. Vedder (Eds.) (2006). Immigrant youth in cultural transition: Acculturation, identity and adaptation across national contexts. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Co-authors of chapters in this book are (in alphabetical order): J.W. Berry, G. Horenczyk, K. Kwak, K. Liebkind, J.S. Phinney, R. Rooney, D.L. Sam, D. Sang, F.J.R. van de Vijver, P. Vedder, E. Virta, C. Ward, and C. Westin.
Other papers based on the project are listed on the project website http://www.ceifo.su.se/icsey/icsey.html
- Issue published online: 31 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!