We dedicate this study to Douglas W. Bray, the pioneer on assessment center research. This project was funded by the German Academic Exchange Institution (DAAD). For their extensive work to recruit the sample we thank Tasha Eurich, Konstantin Cigularov, Sarah Almond, Lori Anderson-Snyder, Elisa George, and Michael Potemra. We thank two anonymous reviewers for their constructive criticism of a previous version of this manuscript. Portions of this paper were presented at the 22nd annual conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology in New York, April 2007, and at the 33rd International Congress on Assessment Centre Methods in London (UK), September 2006.
A Cross-Cultural Look at Assessment Center Practices: Survey Results from Western Europe and North America
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 International Association of Applied Psychology
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 557–585, October 2009
How to Cite
Krause, D. E. and Thornton III, G. C. (2009), A Cross-Cultural Look at Assessment Center Practices: Survey Results from Western Europe and North America. Applied Psychology:An International Review, 58: 557–585. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-0597.2008.00371.x
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!