G.B. and P.D. contributed equally to this work
Highly specific detection of prostate-specific antigen-positive cells in the blood of patients with prostate cancer or benign prostatic hyperplasia, using a real-time reverse-transcription-polymerase chain reaction method with improved sensitivity
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 BJU INTERNATIONAL. NO CLAIM TO ORIGINAL US GOVERNMENT WORKS
Volume 102, Issue 11, pages 1566–1572, December 2008
How to Cite
Barbero, G., Destefanis, P., Procida, S., Mandili, G., Ulliers, D., Ceruti, C., Fiori, C., Maule, M. M., Fontana, D., Giribaldi, G. and Turrini, F. (2008), Highly specific detection of prostate-specific antigen-positive cells in the blood of patients with prostate cancer or benign prostatic hyperplasia, using a real-time reverse-transcription-polymerase chain reaction method with improved sensitivity. BJU International, 102: 1566–1572. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.07797.x
- Issue published online: 21 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted for publication 27 March 2008
- 6Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction detection of prostate-specific antigen, prostate-specific membrane antigen, and prostate stem cell antigen in one milliliter of peripheral blood: value for the staging of prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2002; 8: 1794–9, , et al.
- 7The clinical utility of the prostate specific membrane antigen reverse-transcription/polymerase chain reaction to detect circulating prostate cells: an analysis in healthy men and women. BJU Int 2002; 89: 882–5, , , , , .
- 12Molecular staging of prostatic cancer with RT-PCR assay for prostate-specific antigen in peripheral blood and lymph nodes: comparison with standard histological staging and immunohistochemical assessment of occult regional lymph node metastases. Eur Urol 2003; 43: 342–50, , et al.
- 16Quantitative real-time reverse transcription: polymerase chain reaction of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) for detection of circulating prostatic cells in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2005; 8: 248–52, , , , , .
- 17Real-Time quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) for the measurement of prostate-specific antigen mRNA in the peripheral blood of patients with prostate carcinoma using the taqman detection system. Clin Chem Laboratory Med 2001; 39: 385–91, , et al.