Pretreatment with low-energy shock waves induces renal vasoconstriction during standard shock wave lithotripsy (SWL): a treatment protocol known to reduce SWL-induced renal injury
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2008
© 2008 THE AUTHORS. JOURNAL COMPILATION © 2008 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 103, Issue 9, pages 1270–1274, May 2009
How to Cite
Handa, R. K., Bailey, M. R., Paun, M., Gao, S., Connors, B. A., Willis, L. R. and Evan, A. P. (2009), Pretreatment with low-energy shock waves induces renal vasoconstriction during standard shock wave lithotripsy (SWL): a treatment protocol known to reduce SWL-induced renal injury. BJU International, 103: 1270–1274. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.08277.x
- Issue online: 7 APR 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2008
- Accepted for publication 21 August 2008
- 1Surgical management of urinary lithiasis. In WalshPC, RetikAB, VaughanED et al. eds, Campbell’s Urology. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 2006: 1431–507, , .
- 5Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: Complications. In SmithAD, BadlaniGH, BaggleyDH et al. eds, Smith’s Textbook on Endourology. Hamilton, Ontario, Canada: BC Decker Inc., 2007: 353–65, .
- 13A simple sequentially rejective Bonferroni test procedure. Scand J Statist 1979; 6: 65–70.
- 15SAS system for mixed models. Cary, NC; SAS Institute Inc., 1996, , et al.
- 21Effect of initial shock wave voltage on SWL-induced lesion size during step-wise voltage ramping. BJU Int 2008, Epub ahead of print, , , , , .
- 26Changes in intrarenal resistive index following electromagnetic extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. Urol J 2007; 4: 217–20, , , .
- 28Effect of shock wave lithotripsy on renal hemodynamics. In EvanAP, LingemanJE, McAteerJA et al. eds, Renal Stone Disease 2: Proceedings of the Second International Urolithiasis Research Symposium. Melville, NY: American Institute of Physics, 2008, , et al.