Two routes of transobturator tape procedures in stress urinary incontinence: a meta-analysis with direct and indirect comparison of randomized trials
Article first published online: 12 NOV 2009
© 2009 THE AUTHORS. JOURNAL COMPILATION © 2009 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 106, Issue 1, pages 68–76, July 2010
How to Cite
Latthe, P. M., Singh, P., Foon, R. and Toozs-Hobson, P. (2010), Two routes of transobturator tape procedures in stress urinary incontinence: a meta-analysis with direct and indirect comparison of randomized trials. BJU International, 106: 68–76. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.09051.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 12 NOV 2009
- Accepted for publication 14 August 2009
- 1The prevalence of urinary incontinence in women in four European countries. BJU Int 2004; 93: 324–30, , ,
- 9Complication rates of tension-free midurethral slings in the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing tension-free midurethral tapes to other surgical procedures and different devices. Eur Urol 2008; 53: 288–309, , et al.
- 17Statistical methods for examining heterogeneity and combining results from several studies in meta-analysis. In EggerM, SmithGD, AltmanDG eds, Systematic Reviews in Health Care: Meta-Analysis in Context. London: BMJ Books, 2001: 285–312, et al.
- 18Beta blockade during and after myocardial infarction: an overview of the randomized trials. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 1985; 27: 335–71, , , ,
- 22TORP- Comparing the efficacy, execution and early complications of TVT and TVT-O. Int Urogynecol J 2008; 19 (Suppl. 1): S17–8, , , ,
- 23TVT versus TVT-O for primary stress incontinence: a randomized clinical trial. Int Urogynecol J 2008; 19 (Suppl. 1): S20–1, , , , ,
- 24[Clinical study on tension-free vaginal tape and tension-free vaginal tape obturator for surgical treatment of severe stress urinary incontinence]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 2008; 43: 180–4, , , ,
- 25Peri-operative morbidity and early results of a randomised trial comparing TVT and TVT-O. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2007; 18: 1257–61, , et al.
- 27One-year follow-up of tension-free vaginal tape TVT and trans- obturator suburethral tape from inside to outside TVT-O for surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: a prospective randomised trial. Eur Urol 2007; 51: 1376–82, , et al.
- 29Prospective trial comparing tension-free vaginal tape and transobturator vaginal tape inside-out for the surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: 1 year follow up. J Urol 2007; 177: 214–8, , et al.
- 34Comparing vaginal tape and transobturator tape for the treatment of mild and moderate stress incontinence. A prospective randomized controlled study. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2007; 99: 14–7, , ,
- 35A multi-centre, randomised clinical control trial comparing the retropubic (RP) approach versus the transobturator approach (TO) for tension-free, suburethral sling treatment of urodynamic stress incontinence: the TORP study. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2008; 19: 171–8, , et al.
- 38Surgery of female urinary incontinence using transobturator tape (TOT): a prospective randomised comparative study with TVT. Neurourol Urodyn 2003; 22: 488–9, ,
- 39TVT versus TOT – a prospective randomized study for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence at a follow-up of 1 year. Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 2005; 65: 511, , ,
- 40Transobturator tape compared with tension-free vaginal tape for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 111: 611–21, , et al.
- 43Tension-free vaginal tape versus transobturator tape as surgery for stress urinary incontinence: results of a multicentre randomised trial. Eur Urol 2007; 52: 1481–90, , et al.
- 45A randomised controlled study to compare tension-free vaginal and Monarc transobturator tape in the treatment of women with urodynamic stress incontinence and intrinsic sphincter deficiency. Aust NZ Continence J 2007; 13: 123–4, , et al.
- 46TOT study: a randomized prospective single blind study of two transobturator tapes in management of urodynamic stress incontinence: objective and patient reported outcomes. Int Urogynecol J 2008; 19 (Suppl. 1): S2–3, , , , ,
- 47Monarc vs TVT-O for the treatment of primary stress incontinence: a randomized study. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2008; 19: 185–90, ,
- 49http://www.icsoffice.org/publications/2006/pdf/0489.pdf. Accessed 1 December 2008, , , , , A prospective study about trans-obturator tape procedures with the tape from the Gynecare TVT device and a C-shape tunneller- comparison between outside-in and inside out procedures. Available at:
- 50A multicenter study of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) for surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 1998; 9: 210–3, , et al.