Maintenance therapy with bacillus Calmette-Guérin Connaught strain clearly prolongs recurrence-free survival following transurethral resection of bladder tumour for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2010 THE AUTHORS. BJU INTERNATIONAL © 2010 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 108, Issue 2, pages 187–195, July 2011
How to Cite
Hinotsu, S., Akaza, H., Naito, S., Ozono, S., Sumiyoshi, Y., Noguchi, S., Yamaguchi, A., Nagamori, S., Terai, A., Nasu, Y., Kume, H., Tomita, Y., Tanaka, Y., Samma, S., Uemura, H., Koga, H. and Tsushima, T. (2011), Maintenance therapy with bacillus Calmette-Guérin Connaught strain clearly prolongs recurrence-free survival following transurethral resection of bladder tumour for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. BJU International, 108: 187–195. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09891.x
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
- Accepted for publication 21 July 2010
- 12Intravesical chemotherapy for maximum prophylaxis of new early phase superficial bladder carcinoma treated by transurethral resection: a combined analysis of trials by the Japanese Urological Cancer Research Group using smoothed hazard function. Cancer 1999; 86: 1818–26, , , .
- 13The Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association. Japanese Ministerial Ordinance on Standards for Conducting Clinical Trials on Pharmaceuticals. Tokyo: Elsevier Japan K.K. 1997 Ordn. (MHW), No. 28 (in Japanese)
- 15Comparative analysis of short-term and long-term prophylactic intravesical chemotherapy of superficial bladder cancer. Prospective, randomized, controlled studies of the Japanese Urological Cancer Research Group. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1987; 20 (Suppl.): S91–6, , et al.
- 16Japanese Urological Cancer Research Group for Adriamycin/Farmorubicin. Intravesical instillation of doxorubicin or epirubicin for chemoprophylaxis of superficial bladder cancer – the fifth study of the Japanese Urological Cancer Research Group for Adriamycin/Farumorubicin]. Jpn J Cancer Chemother 2002; 29: 73–80 (in Japanese), , et al.
- 17Effect of prophylactic treatment with intravesical epirubicin on recurrence of superficial bladder cancer: the 6th trial of the Japanese Urological Cancer Research Group (JUCRG) – a randomized trial of intravesical epirubicin at dose of 20 mg/40 ml, 30 mg/40 ml, 40 mg/40 ml. Eur Urol 2004; 45: 600–5, , , , .
- 18Japan Clinical Oncology Group. National Cancer Institute-Common Toxicity Criteria (NCI-CTC)Version 2.0. Japanese Version of Japan Clinical Oncology Group 2nd Edn. 2001
- 22Members of the EORTC Genito-Urinary Group. Intravesical instillation of epirubicin, bacillus Calmette-Guérin and bacillus Calmette-Guérin plus isoniazid for intermediate and high risk Ta, T1 papillary carcinoma of the bladder: a European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer genito-urinary group randomized phase III trial. J Urol 2001; 166: 476–81, , , , , .
- 27American Urological Association. Guideline for the management of nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer: (Stage Ta, T1, and Tis): 2007 Update. [homepage on the internet]. Available at:http://www.auanet.org/content/guidelines-and-quality-care/clinical-guidelines.cfm?sub=bc. Accessed 11 August 2010
- 29National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guideline in Oncology TM: Bladder Cancer: Including upper tract tumors and urothelial carcinoma of the prostate v.l.2009. [homepage on the internet]. Available at:http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/bladder.pdf. Accessed 31 January 2009
- 30The Japanese Urological Association. Bladder Cancer Clinical Practice Guideline. Tokyo: Igaku Tosho Syuppan Co., Ltd., Tokyo, 2009: (in Japanese)
- 31Clinical practice recommendations for the management of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Eur Urol 2008; (Suppl. 7): 651–66, , et al.
- 33An individual patient data meta-analysis of the long-term outcome of randomised studies comparing intravesical mitomycin C versus bacillus Calmette-Guérin for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Eur Urol 2009; 56: 247–56. Eur Urol 2010; 57: e7–9; author reply e10–1, , et al. Re: Per-Uno Malmström, Richard J. Sylvester, David E. Crawford et al.
- 35Club Urológico Español de Tratamiento Oncológico (CUETO). Has a 3-fold decreased dose of bacillus Calmette-Guérin the same efficacy against recurrences and progression of T1G3 and Tis bladder tumors than the standard dose? Results of a prospective randomized trial. J Urol 2005; 174: 1242–7, , et al.