Incidence of prostate cancer in Sri Lanka using cancer registry data and comparisons with the incidence in South Asian men in England
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2011
© 2011 THE AUTHORS. BJU INTERNATIONAL © 2011 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 108, Issue 8b, pages E184–E189, October 2011
How to Cite
Ranasinghe, W. K.B., Sibanda, T., de Silva, M.V.C., Ranasinghe, T. I.J. and Persad, R. (2011), Incidence of prostate cancer in Sri Lanka using cancer registry data and comparisons with the incidence in South Asian men in England. BJU International, 108: E184–E189. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2011.10165.x
- Issue online: 10 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2011
- Accepted for publication 28 October 2010
- 5Stage at diagnosis and relative differences in breast and prostate cancer incidence in India: comparison with the United States. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2006; 7: 547– 55, , .
- 9Department of Census and Statistics, Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka housing statistics. 2001. Available at: http://www.statistics.gov.lk/PopHouSat/PDF/p20%20Mid-Year%20estimates.pdf. Accessed January 2010
- 10World Health Organisation. World Health Organisation Statistical Information System (WHOSIS). 2008. Available at: http://apps.who.int/whosis/database/core/core_select_process.cfm?country=lka&indicators=nha. Accessed January 2010
- 11Cancer incidence in five continents. Comparison between registries: age-standardized rates. IARC Sci Publ 1992; 120: 865–70.
- 12National Cancer Control Programme. Government Cancer Institute. Cancer Incidence Data: Sri Lanka Year 2000 – Cancer Registry, 6th edn. Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 14Cumulative risk and trends in prostate cancer incidence in Mumbai, India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2004; 5: 401–5, , et al.