The economic burden of prostate cancer
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2011
© 2011 THE AUTHORS. BJU INTERNATIONAL © 2011 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 108, Issue 6, pages 806–813, September 2011
How to Cite
Roehrborn, C. G. and Black, L. K. (2011), The economic burden of prostate cancer. BJU International, 108: 806–813. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2011.10365.x
- Issue online: 25 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2011
- Accepted for publication 11 March 2011
- 1Global Cancer Facts & Figures 2007. American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/Research/CancerFactsFigures/GlobalCancerFactsFigures/global-cancer-facts-figures-2007. Accessed 22 December 2010, , et al.
- 7United States Department of Labor. Consumer Price Index. US Medical Care Services Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington, DC, USA. Available from: http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?au. Accessed 1 September 2010
- 8Bank of England. Interest and Exchange Rates. Bank of England, London, UK. Available at: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mfsd/iadb/Index.asp?first=yes&SectionRequired=I&HideNums=-1&ExtraInfo=true&Travel=NIx. Accessed 1 September 2010
- 10Cancer Costs in Australia – the potential impact of dietary change. Australian Food and Nutrition Monitoring Unit, Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care, Canberra, ACT, Australia. Available at: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-food-pdf-cancercosts-cnt.htm. Accessed 1 September 2010, , , .
- 12National Cancer Institute. Cancer Trends Progress Report – 2009/2010 Update. Costs of Cancer Care. Available at: http://progressreport.cancer.gov/doc_detail.asp?pid=1&did=2009&chid=95&coid=926&mid. Accessed 23 December 2010
- 13Gruppo Informale di Studio sugli aspetti Economico-Sanitari del Carcinoma Prostatico in Italia. [Managing patients with prostate cancer in Italy during the first year after diagnosis. A cost description based on a sample of 8 urological wards. Arch Ital Urol Androl 2003; 75: 138–49 [Article in Italian],
- 19Centre for Economic Performance. Election Analysis 2010. The London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK. Available at: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/ea009.pdf. Accessed 19 July 2010
- 23Public Health Agency of Canada. Economic Burden of Illness in Canada. Ottawa, ON, Canada: Policy Research Division, 1998. Available from: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ebic-femc98/pdf/ebic1998.pdf. Accessed June 2011
- 26GLOBOCAN 2008, Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide: IARC CancerBase No. 10. World Health Organisation, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France. Available at: http://globocan.iarc.fr. Accessed 22 December 2010, , , , , .
- 29American Urological Association. Statement on early detection of prostate cancer: Update May 2006. AUA, Linthicum, MD, USA. Available at: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidelines-and-quality-care/policy-statements/e/early-detection-of-prostate-cancer.cfm. Accessed 7 April 2009
- 30American Urological Association. Policy statement on early detection of prostate cancer: Update April 2009. AUA, Linthicum, MD, USA. Available at: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidelines-and-quality-care/policy-statements/e/early-detection-of-prostate-cancer.cfm. Accessed 1 September 2010
- 31Health-related quality of life, satisfaction, and economic outcome measures in studies of prostate cancer screening and treatment, 1990–2000. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2004; 2004: 78–101, , .
- 32American Cancer Society. Global Cancer Facts & Figures 2008. American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@nho/documents/document/2008cafffinalsecuredpdf.pdf. Accessed 23 December 2010