Upstaging of urothelial cancer at the time of radical cystectomy: factors associated with upstaging and its effect on outcome
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2012
© 2012 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 110, Issue 6, pages 804–811, September 2012
How to Cite
Turker, P., Bostrom, P. J., Wroclawski, M. L., van Rhijn, B., Kortekangas, H., Kuk, C., Mirtti, T., Fleshner, N. E., Jewett, M. A., Finelli, A., Kwast, T. V., Evans, A., Sweet, J., Laato, M. and Zlotta, A. R. (2012), Upstaging of urothelial cancer at the time of radical cystectomy: factors associated with upstaging and its effect on outcome. BJU International, 110: 804–811. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.10939.x
- Issue published online: 24 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2012
- Accepted for publication 9 November 2011
- 9The world Health Organization/International Society of Urological Pathology consensus classification of urothelial (transitional cell) neoplasms of the urinary bladder. Bladder Consensus Conference Committee. Am J Surg Pathol1998; 22: 1435–48, , , .
- 10TNM classification of malignant tumors. 6th ed. New York: Wiley-Liss, 2002: 199–202, , eds.
- 11The World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Urinary System and Male Genital System. Lyon: IARC Press, 2004, , et al.
- 15The management of BCG failure in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: an update. Can Urol Assoc J 2009; 3: S199–205, , .
- 21Advanced Bladder Cancer Overview Collaberation. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for invasive bladder cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005; (2): CD005246
- 23Advanced Bladder Cancer (ABC) Meta-analysis Collaboration. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in invasive bladder cancer: update of a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data advanced bladder cancer (ABC) meta-analysis collaboration. Eur Urol 2005; 48: 202–5; discussion 5–6
- 24Lymphovascular invasion is an independent predictor of oncological outcomes in patients with lymph node-negative urothelial bladder cancer treated by radical cystectomy: a multicentre validation trial. BJU Int 2010; 106: 493–9, , et al.