A phase II, single-blind, randomized, crossover evaluation of the safety and efficacy of avanafil using visual sexual stimulation in patients with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2012
© 2012 BJU International
Volume 111, Issue 1, pages 137–147, January 2013
How to Cite
Hellstrom, W. J.G., Freier, M. T., Serefoglu, E. C., Lewis, R. W., DiDonato, K. and Peterson, C. A. (2013), A phase II, single-blind, randomized, crossover evaluation of the safety and efficacy of avanafil using visual sexual stimulation in patients with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. BJU International, 111: 137–147. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11267.x
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2012
- VIVUS, Inc
- 3The management of erectile dysfunction: an update. Am Urol Assoc 2007; Chapter 1–5. Available at: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidelines-and-quality-care/clinical-guidelines.cfm?sub=ed. Accessed May 2012, , et al.
- 6Prevalence and detection rate of underlying disease in men with erectile dysfunction receiving phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors in the United Kingdom: a retrospective database study. Int J Clin Pract 2011; 65: 797–806, , , .
- 7Erectile dysfunction and later cardiovascular disease in men with type 2 diabetes: prospective cohort study based on the ADVANCE (Action in Diabetes and Vascular Disease: Preterax and Diamicron Modified-Release Controlled Evaluation) trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010; 56: 1908–1913, , et al.
- 22Eli Lilly and Company. Cialis (Package Insert). Indianapolis, IN: Eli Lilly and Company, 2011
- 23Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals. Levitra (Package Insert). Wayne, NJ: Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, 2011
- 24Pfizer Labs. Viagra (Package Insert). New York, NY: Pfizer Labs, 2010
- 25VIVUS Inc. STENDRA (Package Insert). Mountain View, CA, USA: VIVUS Inc, 2012
- 26Pharmacokinetics of avanafil, a novel, rapidly absorbed, selective PDE5 inhibitor for the treatment of mild to severe erectile dysfunction (ED). J Sex Med 2011; 8: S466–467, , , , , .
- 28International Conference on Harmonisation. International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use. Available at: http://www.ich.org/products/guidelines.html. Accessed May 2012
- 29World Medical Association General Assembly. WMA Declaration of Helsinki – Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects. Available at: http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/b3/. Accessed May 2012
- 37An open-label, long-term evaluation of the safety and tolerability of avanafil in males with erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med 2011; 8: S396, , , , , .
- 39Avanafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind study in men with diabetes. Mayo Clin Proc; in press, , et al.
- 40A phase III, placebo-controlled study of the safety and efficacy of avanafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction following bilateral, nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy. J Sex Med 2012; 9: S42–43, , et al.
- 41Onset of action and time to efficacy of avanafil, a novel, rapid-onset PDE5 inhibitor in men with mild to severe erectile dysfunction: data from phase 2 and phase 3 clinical trails presented at the American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting; May 19–23, 2012; Atlanta, GA. Poster #MP-53, , et al.
- 45Efficacy and safety of avanafil, a next-generation, phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor for the treatment of men with erectile dysfunction: data from phase 2 and 3 studies in difficult-to-treat populations. Presented at the American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting; May 19–23, 2012; Atlanta, GA. Oral presentation, , et al.