Sildenafil promotes neuroprotection of the pelvic ganglia neurones after bilateral cavernosal nerve resection in the rat
Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2012
© 2012 BJU International
Volume 111, Issue 1, pages 159–170, January 2013
How to Cite
Hlaing, S. M., Garcia, L. A., Kovanecz, I., Martinez, R. A., Shah, S., Artaza, J. N. and Ferrini, M. G. (2013), Sildenafil promotes neuroprotection of the pelvic ganglia neurones after bilateral cavernosal nerve resection in the rat. BJU International, 111: 159–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11278.x
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 JUN 2012
- 3Patient reported incontinence after radical prostatectomy is more common than expected and not associated with the nerve sparing technique: results from the center for prostate disease research (CPDR) database. Neurourol Urodyn 2012; 31: 60–63, .
- 16Neurturin regulates postnatal differentiation of parasympathetic pelvic ganglion neurons, initial axonal projections, and maintenance of terminal fields in male urogenital organs. J Comp Neurol 2008; 507: 1169–1183, .
- 17Neurturin enhances the recovery of erectile function following bilateral cavernous nerve crush injury in the rat. J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj 2007; 2: 5, , et al.
- 24Sildenafil promotes smooth muscle preservation and ameliorates fibrosis through modulation of extracellular matrix and tissue growth factor gene expression after bilateral cavernosal nerve resection in the rat. J Sex Med 2011; 8: 1048–1060, , et al.
- 29Inflammation in the uterus induces phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinase and substance P immunoreactivity in dorsal root ganglia neurons innervating both uterus and colon in rats. J Neurosci Res 2008; 86: 2746–2752, , , ,
- 31NT-3 and GDNF family members on neurite outgrowth and migration from pelvic ganglia from embryonic and newborn mice. BMC Dev Biol 2008; 8: 73, , , of ,
- 35Structural effects and potential changes in growth factor signalling in penis-projecting autonomic neurons after axotomy. BMC Neurosci 2006; 7: 41, .
- 36(–)-Epigallocatechin gallate attenuates NADPH-d/nNOS expression in motor neurons of rats following peripheral nerve injury. BMC Neurosci 2011; 12: 52, , , , , .
- 39Icarisid II, a PDE5 inhibitor from Epimedium wanshanense, increases cellular cGMP by enhancing NOS in diabetic ED rats corpus cavernosum tissue. Andrologia 2011; doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2010.01144.x. [Epub ahead of print], , et al.