Diethylstilbestrol in castration-resistant prostate cancer
Article first published online: 30 OCT 2012
© 2012 THE AUTHORS. BJU INTERNATIONAL © 2012 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 110, Issue 11b, pages E727–E735, December 2012
How to Cite
Wilkins, A., Shahidi, M., Parker, C., Gunapala, R., Thomas, K., Huddart, R., Horwich, A. and Dearnaley, D. (2012), Diethylstilbestrol in castration-resistant prostate cancer. BJU International, 110: E727–E735. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11546.x
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 30 OCT 2012
- Accepted for publication 31 July 2012
- 1A report showing the incidence and mortality of the twenty most common cancers diagnosed in the UK, with analysis by age and sex. Cancer Research UK Mortality Statistics , 2012
- 5Overall survival benefit and safety profile of radium-223 chloride, a first-in-class alpha-pharmaceutical: results from a phase III randomized trial (ALSYMPCA) in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) with bone metastases. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30 (Suppl. 5 abstr 8), , et al.
- 7S, for the AFFIRM Investigators. Effect of MDV3100, an androgen receptor signaling inhibitor (ARSI), on overall survival in patients with prostate cancer post docetaxel: results from the phase III AFFIRM study. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30 (Suppl. 5 abstr LBA1), , et al.
- 10Studies on prostate cancer. I. The Effect of Castration, Of Estrogen and of Androgen Injection on Serum Phosphatases in Metastatic Carcinoma of the Prostate. Cancer Res 1941; 1: 293–7, .
- 11Studies on prostatic cancer III. The effects of fever, of desoxycorticosterone and of estrogen on clinical patients with metastatic carcinoma of the prostate. J Urol 1941; 46: 997, , .
- 13Treatment of prostatic carcinoma by castration and by administration of estrogenic hormone; a second report on comparison. Univ Hosp Bull 1946; 12: 14, .
- 16Hormone therapy for prostate cancer: results of the Veterans Administration Cooperative Urological Research Group studies. NCI Monogr 1988; 46: 165–70, .
- 26Is Stilbestrol the treatment of choice in refractory metastatic prostate cancer? 1997. Clinical benefit and PSA response. Abstract presented at British Prostate Group Spring Meeting.
- 29Clinical efficacy of diethylstilbestrol treatment in post orchiectomy progressive prostate cancer. Proc Am Assoc Cancer Res 1994; 35: 233. abstract, , , .
- 43Cardiovascular side effects of diethylstilbestrol, cyproterone acetate, medroxyprogesterone acetate and estramustine phosphate used for the treatment of advanced prostatic cancer: results from European Organization for Research on Treatment of Cancer Trials 30761 and 30762. J Urol 1986; 135: 303–7, , , , .
- 45The final analysis of the EORTC Genito-Urinary Tract Cancer Co-Operative Group phase III clinical trial (protocol 30805) comparing orchidectomy, orchidectomy plus cyproterone acetate and low dose stilboestrol in the management of metastatic carcinoma of the prostate. Eur Urol 1995; 28: 273–83, , , , , .
- 49Diethylstilbestrol is an active agent in prostatic cancer patients after failure to complete androgen blockade. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 2000; 19: abstr 1372, , , , , .