Newer and novel artificial urinary sphincters (AUS): the development of alternatives to the current AUS device
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2012
© 2012 THE AUTHORS. BJU INTERNATIONAL © 2012 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Special Issue: BJU International Australia and New Zealand Supplement
Volume 110, Issue Supplement S4, pages 5–11, December 2012
How to Cite
Chung, E., Ranaweera, M. and Cartmill, R. (2012), Newer and novel artificial urinary sphincters (AUS): the development of alternatives to the current AUS device. BJU International, 110: 5–11. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11614.x
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUN 2012
- 6Artificial urinary sphincter: long term results and patient satisfaction. Adv Urol 2012; 2012: 835290
- 7Surgery for stress urinary incontinence due to presumed sphincter deficiency after prostate surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 13:CD008306, ,
- 13Prosthetic sphincter device. UK patent . 1992, inventor.
- 16FlowSecure artificial urinary sphincter for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence after radical prostatectomy. Ach Esp Urol 2009; 62:845–850
- 17One hundred FlowSecure artificial urinary sphincters (Abstract). Vienna: EAU Annual Congress 2011. Available at: http://www.uroweb.org/events/abstracts-online/?id=108&no_cache=1&AID=32356. Accessed September 2012, , , ,
- 18Zephr Surgical Implants. Available at: http://zephyr-si.com/. Accessed September 2012
- 19Periurethral constrictor in the treatment of neurogenic urinary incontinence: the test of time. Braz J Urol 2000; 26:415–417, , .
- 25An adjustable continence therapy for treating incontinence after prostatectomy: a minimum 2-year follow up. BJU Int 2008; 102:1426–1431, , , , , .
- 31The first teleautomatic low-voltage prosthesis with multiple therapeutic applications: a new version of the German artificial sphincter system. Artif Organs 2010; 34:635–641, , , et al.
- 32Shape-memory alloys. Forming a tight fit. Mech Engin 1991; 113: 67–72
- 33New concept of artificial muscle for urinary incontinence treatment. Eur Urol Suppl 2010; 9: 327 (Abstract 1045), , , et al.
- 34The challenges in artificial muscle research to treat incontinence. Swiss Med Wkly 2009; 139:591–595, , , .
- 35Electroactive Polymer Actuators and Devices. San Diego: SPIE, 2006
- 37The development and evolution of artificial urethral sphincters. J Med Engineering Tech 1988; 22:154–159
- 38Apparatus and method for reversibility closing a natural or implanted body passage. United States Patent 1973; 3,750,194
- 40Modification of the use of a magnetic device for urethral occlusion in recurrent incontinence]. Geburtshilfe Frauenheikd 1991; 51:850–852[