Partial nephrectomy online: a preliminary evaluation of the quality of health information on the Internet
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2012
© 2012 THE AUTHORS. BJU INTERNATIONAL © 2012 BJU INTERNATIONAL
Volume 110, Issue 11b, pages E765–E769, December 2012
How to Cite
Fast, A. M., Deibert, C. M., Boyer, C., Hruby, G. W. and McKiernan, J. M. (2012), Partial nephrectomy online: a preliminary evaluation of the quality of health information on the Internet. BJU International, 110: E765–E769. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11626.x
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JUL 2012
- 3The Engaged E-Patient Population. Washington DC, USA: Pew Internet and American Life Project, 2008.
- 4Number of ‘Cyberchondriacs’ – Adults Going Online for Health Information – Has Plateaued Or Declined. New York, NY, USA: Harris Interactive, 2008.
- 15Almost 12 Billion US Searches Conducted in July. New York, NY, USA: Search Engine Watch, 2008.
- 16Colleen Reed. Blended Search Results Study. Watertown, MA and San Francisco, CA, USA: iProspect, 2008
- 17Health on the Net Foundation. HON code of conduct (HONcode) for medical and health. 2011. Available at: http://www.hon.ch/HONcode/. Accessed August 2011
- 23Finding Answers Online in Sickness and in Health. New York, NY, USA: Pew Internet and American Life Project, 2006, .
- 25Evaluating the quality of Internet health resources in pediatric urology. J Pediatr Urol 2012; [Epub ahead of print], , , .
- 27The DISCERN Handbook: Quality Criteria for Consumer Health Information on Treatment Choices. Abingdon: Radcliffe Medical Press Ltd, 1998.