Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Creative Commons Deed, Attribution 2.5, which does not permit commercial exploitation.
Peer advisers compared with specialist health professionals in delivering a training programme on self-management to people with diabetes: a randomized controlled trial
Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Diabetes UK
Volume 25, Issue 9, pages 1076–1082, September 2008
How to Cite
Baksi, A. K., Al-Mrayat, M., Hogan, D., Whittingstall, E., Wilson, P. and Wex, J. (2008), Peer advisers compared with specialist health professionals in delivering a training programme on self-management to people with diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetic Medicine, 25: 1076–1082. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2008.02542.x
- Issue online: 29 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2008
- Accepted 4 July 2008
- 1NICE. Technology Appraisal Guidance 60: Guidance on the Use of Patient-Education Models for Diabetes. London: National Institute for Clinical Excellence, April 2003.
- 2Department of Health. National Service Framework for Diabetes. London: Department of Health, 2001. Available at http://www.doh.gov.uk/nsf/diabetes/index.htm Last accessed 1 May 2006.
- 5Department of Health. The Expert Patient. London: Department of Health, 2001. Available at http://www.doh.gov.uk/cmo/ep-report.pdf Last accessed 1 May 2006.
- 6A Rapid Review of the Current State of Knowledge Regarding Lay-Led Self-Management of Chronic Illness. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2005. Available at http://www.publichealth.nice.org.uk Last accessed 1 May 2006., ,
- 17Department of Health and Diabetes UK. Structured Patient Education in Diabetes—Report from the Patient Education Working Party. London: Department of Health and Diabetes UK, 2005.
- 18Graf Pad Software. QuickCalcs online calculators for Scientists, 2002–2005. Available at http://www.graphpad.com/quickcalcs/randomize1.cfm Last accessed 1 May 2006.
- 19American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. AACE diabetes guidelines, knowledge evaluation forms. Endocr Pract 2002; 8: 71–77.
- 20Michigan Diabetes Research and Training Centre. Survey instruments. 2002. Available at http://www.med.umich.edu/mdrc/survey/index.html Last accessed 1 May 2006.