A simple strategy for screening for glucose intolerance, using glycated haemoglobin, in individuals admitted with acute coronary syndrome
Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Diabetic Medicine © 2012 Diabetes UK
Volume 29, Issue 7, pages 838–843, July 2012
How to Cite
Gholap, N., Davies, M. J., Mostafa, S. A., Squire, I. and Khunti, K. (2012), A simple strategy for screening for glucose intolerance, using glycated haemoglobin, in individuals admitted with acute coronary syndrome. Diabetic Medicine, 29: 838–843. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2012.03643.x
- Issue online: 19 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 MAR 2012 01:07PM EST
- Accepted 8 March 2012
- 1Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases: executive summary. The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD). Eur Heart J 2007; 28: 88–136., , , , , et al.
- 10on behalf of the Euro Heart Survey Investigators. Management of coronary artery disease in patients with and without diabetes mellitus. Acute management reasonable but secondary prevention unacceptably poor: a report from the Euro Heart Survey on Diabetes and the heart. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 2007; 14: 28–36., , , ,
- 13Management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with persistent ST-segment elevation: the Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J 2008; 29: 2909–2945., , , , , et al.
- 15NICE. Hyperglycaemia in Acute Coronary Syndrome. Clinical guidelines 130. 2011. Available at http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG130 Last accessed 28 October 2011.
- 17WHO. Use of Glycated Haemoglobin (HbA1c) in the Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus. Abbreviated Report of a WHO Consultation. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2011: 1–25.