Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Relative risk of acute pancreatitis in initiators of exenatide twice daily compared with other anti-diabetic medication: a follow-up study
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2012
© 2012 Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Diabetic Medicine © 2012 Diabetes UK
Volume 29, Issue 11, pages 1412–1418, November 2012
How to Cite
Wenten, M., Gaebler, J. A., Hussein, M., Pelletier, E. M., Smith, D. B., Girase, P., Noel, R. A., Braun, D. K. and Bloomgren, G. L. (2012), Relative risk of acute pancreatitis in initiators of exenatide twice daily compared with other anti-diabetic medication: a follow-up study. Diabetic Medicine, 29: 1412–1418. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2012.03652.x
- Issue published online: 7 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 MAR 2012 01:14PM EST
- Accepted 8 March 2012
- 13US Food and Drug Administration. Summary Basis of Approval for BYETTA (NDA21-773): Pharmacology Review. 2005. Available at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2005/021773_Byetta_pharmr.PDF Last accessed 26 August 2010.
- 14Safety and tolerability of exenatide BID in patients with type 2 diabetes: integrated analysis of 3834 patients from 11 comparator-controlled clinical trials. Diabetes2009; 58: A155–A156., , , , , et al.
- 16Cardiovascular safety of exenatide BID: an integrated-analysis from long- term controlled clinical trials in subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes2009; 58: A96–A97., , , , .
- 17Incidence rates for acute pancreatitis in patients with type 2 diabetes initiating exenatide BID compared to initiating other antidiabetic agents. Diabetes2009; 58: A41., , , , ,
- 24How accurate are ICD-9 codes for acute (AP) and chronic (CP) pancreatitis?—A large VA hospital experience. Pancreas2006; 33: 508., .