Psychosocial support for people with diabetes: past, present and future
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Diabetic Medicine © 2012 Diabetes UK
Volume 29, Issue 11, pages 1358–1360, November 2012
How to Cite
Barnard, K. D., Peyrot, M. and Holt, R. I. G. (2012), Psychosocial support for people with diabetes: past, present and future. Diabetic Medicine, 29: 1358–1360. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2012.03727.x
- Issue published online: 7 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 JUN 2012 11:16PM EST
- 1International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas. 2011. Available at http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas/(2011) Last accessed 1 February 2012.
- 2National Health Service. National Diabetes Audit Executive Summary 2008–2009: Key Findings about the Quality of Care for People with Diabetes in England and Wales. The NHS Information Centre, 2010. Available at http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/Services/NCASP/Diabetes/200910%20annual%20report%20documents/National_Diabetes_Audit_Executive_Summary_2009_2010.pdf Last accessed 6 April 2012.
- 3The epidemiology of depression and diabetes: In: Katon W, Maj M, Sartorius N, eds. Depression and Diabetes. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010., , , , , .
- 5Department of Health. National Service Framework for Diabetes: Standards. December 2001. Available at http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_4058938.pdf Last accessed 6 April 2012.
- 6NICE. Type 1 Diabetes: Diagnosis and Management of Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Young people and Adults. Clinical guideline 15. July 2004. Available at http://www.nice.org.uk/CG015NICEguideline Last accessed 6 April 2012.
- 7IDF Clinical Guidelines Task Force. Global Guideline for Type 2 Diabetes. Brussels: International Diabetes Federation, 2005.
- 8American Diabetes Association. Executive summary: standards of medical care in diabetes—2010. Diabetes Care2010; 33: S4–S10.
- 9Diabetes UK. Minding the Gap: The Provision of Psychological Support and Care for People with Diabetes in the UK. A report from Diabetes UK. December 2008. Available at http://www.diabetes.org.uk Last accessed 6 April 2012.
- 11Psychology and Diabetes Care: A Practical Guide. London: Springer, 2012., .
- 12The Diabetes Attitudes, Wishes, and Needs (DAWN) Study. Clin Diabetes2006; 24: 154–155..
- 13American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care for patients with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care2001; 24: S33–S43.
- 16United Nations. Scope, Modalities, Format and Organization of the High-Level Meeting of the General Assembly on the Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases. General Assembly Resolution: A/res/65/238. 2011. Available at http://www.un.org/en/ga/president/65/issues/A-RES-65-238.pdf Last accessed 6 April 2012.
- 17International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Roadmap for the UN High Level Summit on Non-Communicable Diseases (NDCs). September 2011. Available at http://www.docstoc.com/docs/80731764/UN-HIGH-LEVEL-SUMMIT-ON-NON-COMM Last accessed 6 April 2012.
- 19Effectiveness of a computerised assessment tool to prompt individuals with diabetes to be more active in consultations. Pract Diabetes Int2006; 23: 36–41., , , .