An alternative to a 10-g monofilament or tuning fork? Two new, simple, easy-to-use screening tests for determining foot ulcer risk in people with diabetes
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Author. Diabetic Medicine © 2012 Diabetes UK
Volume 29, Issue 12, pages 1477–1479, December 2012
How to Cite
Baker, N. (2012), An alternative to a 10-g monofilament or tuning fork? Two new, simple, easy-to-use screening tests for determining foot ulcer risk in people with diabetes. Diabetic Medicine, 29: 1477–1479. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2012.03731.x
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 JUN 2012 01:40PM EST
- 2Foot Care for People with Diabetes: The Economic Case for Change. 2012. Available at http://www.diabetes.nhs.uk/news_and_events/new_foot_care_report_shows_pound650m_cost_of_ulcers_and_amputations/ Last accessed 20 June 2012..
- 3NICE. Type 2 Diabetes: Prevention and Management of Foot Problems. Clinical Guideline 10. Available at http://www.nice.org.uk/CG10NICEguideline2004 Last accessed 20 June 2012.
- 4NICE. Diabetic Foot Problems - in Patient Management. Clinical Guideline 119. Available at http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/13416/53558/53558/pdf Last accessed 20 June 2012.
- 5NICE. Quality Standards Programme. Statement 10. Available at http://www.nice.org.uk/media/FCF/87/DiabetesinAdultsQualityStandard.pdf Last accessed 20 June 2012.
- 6Diabetic foot disease; changes to QOF from 1 April 2011. Diabet Foot J2011; 14: 54–58., .
- 7The Quality and Outcomes Framework. Statistics and Data Collection. London: NHS Information Centre, 2010. Available at bit.ly/hDjZD Last accessed 20 June 2012.
- 11Diagnosis, staging and epidemiology of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Diabetes Nutr Metab1994; 7: 342–348..
- 15Preliminary data on VibraTip, a new source of standardised vibration for bedside assessment of peripheral neuropathy. Br J Diabetes Vasc Dis2010; 10: 284–287..