Source of funding: J. C.: funding provided by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Research Grant No. 1 R01 AA015056-01A2. In addition, support to CAMH for salary of scientists and infrastructure has been provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect those of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Finally, J. C. is supported as the Canada Research Chair in Brief Interventions for Addictive Behaviours. Z. K.: supported by a UCL PhD Fellowship. B. M. B.: funding was provided by the Alcohol Education Research Council (AERC; ref 06/05). Past funding for the development of Unitcheck was received from the European Research Advisory Board.
Internet-based interventions for problem drinkers: From efficacy trials to implementation
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
© 2010 Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs
Drug and Alcohol Review
Volume 29, Issue 6, pages 617–622, November 2010
How to Cite
CUNNINGHAM, J. A., KHADJESARI, Z., BEWICK, B. M. and RIPER, H. (2010), Internet-based interventions for problem drinkers: From efficacy trials to implementation. Drug and Alcohol Review, 29: 617–622. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-3362.2010.00201.x
Conflict of interest statement: J. C. has acted as a paid consultant for Evolution Health Systems Inc. in the development of the Check Your Drinking screener. Z. K., B. B. and H. R. have no conflicts of interest to declare.
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
- Received 2 December 2009; accepted for publication 30 March 2010.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Reducing suicidal thoughts in the Australian general population through web-based self-help: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial, Trials, 2015, 16, 1, 62, , , , , , , ,
- You have free access to this content2
- 5Nowe wyzwanie dla systemu lecznictwa uzależnień Zastosowanie Internetu do pomocy osobom z problemem alkoholowym, Alcoholism and Drug Addiction, 2014, 27, 1, 67, ,
- 7Internetbasierte Selbsthilfeprogramme unterstützen die Behandlung, NeuroTransmitter, 2013, 24, 12, 26, , ,
- 8Testing the Feasibility of Mobile Audio-Based Recovery Material as an Adjunct to Intensive Outpatient Treatment for Veterans with Substance Abuse Disorders, Journal of Technology in Human Services, 2013, 31, 4, 321, , , , ,
- 9Alcohol email assessment and feedback study dismantling effectiveness for university students (AMADEUS-1): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial, Trials, 2012, 13, 1, 49, , , ,
- 10Internet-Based Brief Personalized Feedback Intervention in a Non-Treatment-Seeking Population of Adult Heavy Drinkers: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2012, 14, 4, e98, , , , , ,
- 11Reducing Suicidal Ideation: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial of Unguided Web-Based Self-help, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2012, 14, 5, e141, , , , ,
- 12Attrition in Web-Based Treatment for Problem Drinkers, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2011, 13, 4, e117, , , , , ,
- 13Effectiveness of E-Self-help Interventions for Curbing Adult Problem Drinking: A Meta-analysis, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2011, 13, 2, e42, , , , , , ,