Rupali J. Limaye MPH, PhD Candidate, Bangorn Srirojn MA, Co-investigator, Pam Lilleston MHS, PhD Student, Apinun Aramrattana MD, PhD, Principal Investigator, Nicholas Thomson PhD, Research Associate, David D. Celentano ScD, Professor and Chair, Susan G. Sherman PhD, MPH, Associate Professor. Correspondence to Ms Rupali J. Limaye, Department of Health, Behavior and Society, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA. Tel: +1 410 659 6300; Fax: +1 410 659 6266; E-mail: email@example.com
Asia Pacific Column
A qualitative exploration of the effects of increasing the minimum purchase age of alcohol in Thailand
Article first published online: 5 JUL 2012
© 2012 Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs
Drug and Alcohol Review
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 100–105, January 2013
How to Cite
[A qualitative exploration of the effects of increasing the minimum purchase age of alcohol in Thailand. Drug Alcohol Rev 2012], , , , , , .
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 5 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2011
- 1The National Statistics Office. Tobacco and alcohol consumption behaviors among Thai people in year 2007. Bangkok: The National Statistics Office, 2008.
- 3Patterns of alcohol consumption in the Thai population: results of the National Household Survey of 2007. Alcohol Alcohol 2010;45:278–285., , , .
- 5Road traffic injuries in Thailand: trends, selected underlying determinants and status of intervention. Inj Control Saf Promot 2003;10:95–104., .
- 6Factors associated with alcohol consumption among male high school students in central Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2010;41:735–742., .
- 7Department of Child and Adolescent Correction and Protection. Research project on crime decreasing strategy among child and adolescent. Bangkok: Department of Child and Adolescent Correction and Protection, 2008.
- 8Alcohol: no ordinary commodity. Research and public policy. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003., , , et al.
- 9Government of Thailand. Alcohol Beverage Control Act. Bangkok, 2008.
- 10Effects of minimum drinking age laws: review and analyses of the literature from 1960 to 2000. J Stud Alcohol Suppl 2002;14:206–225., .
- 12Basics of qualitative research: grounded theory procedures and techniques. Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1990., .
- 19Effects of minimum drinking age laws: review and analysis of the literature from 1960 to 2000. J Stud Alcohol Suppl 2002;14:206–225., .
- 20Alcohol policy and youth drinking: overview of effective interventions for young people. In: Stockwell T , Gruenewald PJ , Toumbourou J , Loxley W , eds. Preventing harmful substance use: the evidence base for policy and practice. New York: Wiley, 2005:113–127., .
- 21Stewart K , Sweedler B , eds. Worldwide trends in impaired driving: past experience and future progress. From Fit to Drive: proceedings of the 3rd International Traffic Expert Conference. Prague: International Traffic Congress, 2008.
- 23Places of drinking: a comparative analysis. Contemp Drug Probl 1988;15:399–446..