This article is based on a research project funded by the Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) and conducted by one of the authors, Suthawan Sathirithai, and supervised by Ed Barbier. EEPSEA is supported by a consortium of donors and administered by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). Preliminary results of this study appeared in the EEPSEA Research Report Series (Sathirithai, 1998). An earlier version was also presented at the Vestern Economic Association International 73rd annual conference, Lake TAhoe, June 29, 1998. Further work on this article was made possible through the project Demographi and Economic Factors Determining Coastal Land Conversion into Commercial Shrimp FArms, Thailand, funded by the Population, Consumption and Environmental Initiative, MacArthur Foundation. We are grateful for the comments and suggestions made by Sanit Aksornkea, David Glover, Darvin Hall, Direk Patamasiriwat, Ammar Siamwala, Iwar Strand, Ruengrai Tokrishana, and anonymous referees.
VALUING MANGROVE CONSERVATION IN SOUTHERN THAILAND
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2007
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 109–122, April 2001
How to Cite
Sathirathai, S. and Barbier, E. (2001), VALUING MANGROVE CONSERVATION IN SOUTHERN THAILAND. Contemporary Economic Policy, 19: 109–122. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2001.tb00054.x
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!