This is a revision of a paper presented at the Western Economic Association International 80th annual conference, San Francisco, July 4–8, 2005. The author is grateful for helpful comments and suggestions made by Wade Martin and two anonymous referees. The author is also very grateful to Enrico Colombatto and the International Center for Economic Research, Turin, Italy, for a fellowship that supported research on the effects of social capital and institutions on development in Africa. A more extensive study of these issues appears in Baliamoune-Lutz (2005). The usual disclaimer applies.
HUMAN WELL-BEING EFFECTS OF INSTITUTIONS AND SOCIAL CAPITAL
Article first published online: 17 APR 2008
© 2008 Western Economic Association International
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 54–66, January 2009
How to Cite
BALIAMOUNE-LUTZ, M. (2009), HUMAN WELL-BEING EFFECTS OF INSTITUTIONS AND SOCIAL CAPITAL. Contemporary Economic Policy, 27: 54–66. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2008.00096.x
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2008
- Online Early publication April 17, 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!