We are grateful to Bo Honoré, Rob Simmons, Rainer Winkelmann, Jaume García, Stefan Boes, Gabi Ruoff, Stephan Veen, Johannes Mure, and seminar participants at the University of Zurich, participants at the International Association of Sports Economists (IASE) Conference 2006 and at the 81st meeting of the Western Economic Association (WEA) in 2006 for helpful comments. We would also like to thank three anonymous referees for their helpful comments and suggestions. Erwin Verbeek provided helpful research assistance. Financial support from the Swiss National Fund is gratefully acknowledged. All errors remain our own.
DO SOCCER ASSOCIATIONS REALLY SPEND ON A GOOD THING? EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE ON HETEROGENEITY IN THE CONSUMER RESPONSE TO MATCH UNCERTAINTY OF OUTCOME
Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2008
© 2008 Western Economic Association International
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 216–235, April 2009
How to Cite
BENZ, M.-A., BRANDES, L. and FRANCK, E. (2009), DO SOCCER ASSOCIATIONS REALLY SPEND ON A GOOD THING? EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE ON HETEROGENEITY IN THE CONSUMER RESPONSE TO MATCH UNCERTAINTY OF OUTCOME. Contemporary Economic Policy, 27: 216–235. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2008.00127.x
- Issue online: 22 APR 2009
- Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2008
- Online Early publication November 24, 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!