Funding for the Canadian portions of this study were provided by Health Canada under contract #02-OPPS-102, and under Standing Offer #H1021-02-0642/02, Commitments #4500055537 and #4500055538. The U.S. portions were completed in collaboration with Cornell University under U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Cooperative Agreement #CR824393-01-0. We thank William Schulze, Cornell University, and Paul De Civita of the Economic Analysis and Evaluation Division, Health Canada, for support and guidance. We thank three anonymous reviewers, Vic Adamowicz, Kip Viscusi, Don Kenkel, Norbert Schwarz, Alan Carlin, Bryan Hubbell, and Derek Brown for review of the survey instrument or earlier drafts of the paper. Knowledge Networks implemented the U.S. survey. Synovate of Toronto implemented the survey in Canada. Luke Rodgers, Jeff Lazo, Sonya Wytinck, Megan Lawson, and Dave Mills provided research support. All conclusions and remaining errors are the sole responsibility of the authors.
ECONOMIC VALUATION OF MORTALITY-RISK REDUCTION: STATED PREFERENCE ESTIMATES FROM THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
Version of Record online: 27 JUN 2011
© 2011 Western Economic Association International
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 399–416, July 2012
How to Cite
CHESTNUT, L. G., ROWE, R. D. and BREFFLE, W. S. (2012), ECONOMIC VALUATION OF MORTALITY-RISK REDUCTION: STATED PREFERENCE ESTIMATES FROM THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA. Contemporary Economic Policy, 30: 399–416. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2011.00269.x
- Issue online: 4 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 JUN 2011
- Online Early publication June 27, 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!