The authors acknowledge partial financial support from USDA under the National Research Initiative Program (2006-55215-16720). Beghin also acknowledges support from the Marlin Cole Professorship. This paper is based on a longer paper (Miao, Beghin, and Jensen 2010), which contains detailed derivations, computations, and extensions. We thank Julian Alston, Peter Orazem, Dan Sumner, Steve Vosti, and workshop participants at UC Davis, Iowa State University, and the 2010 AAEA meetings for comments and discussions.
TAXING SWEETS: SWEETENER INPUT TAX OR FINAL CONSUMPTION TAX?
Version of Record online: 23 SEP 2011
© 2011 Western Economic Association International
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 344–361, July 2012
How to Cite
MIAO, Z., BEGHIN, J. C. and JENSEN, H. H. (2012), TAXING SWEETS: SWEETENER INPUT TAX OR FINAL CONSUMPTION TAX?. Contemporary Economic Policy, 30: 344–361. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2011.00278.x
- Issue online: 4 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 23 SEP 2011
- Online Early publication September 23, 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!