Lant Pritchett, Farhad Rassekh, Tara M. Sinclair, Peter Sturm, Ronald Wintrobe, and two anonymous referees provided useful comments. We are grateful to participants at the 2007 Public Choice Society World meetings and the 2007 Association of Private Enterprise Education meetings for useful discussion. Presentation of this work at the APEE meetings was supported by a grant from The Association of Private Enterprise Education in conjunction with the Goodrich Foundation, The Koch Foundation, The Templeton Foundation, and University Francisco Marroquin. The excellent research assistance of Matt Elliott and Andrea Woolverton is gratefully acknowledged. Julie Doub, Linda Gibson, and Rachel Smith proofread the final manuscript. The final manuscript was finished while Carden was a Visiting Research Fellow at the American Institute for Economic Research.
TIME UNDER AUTOCRATIC RULE AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2011
© 2011 Western Economic Association International
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 44–61, January 2013
How to Cite
CARDEN, A. and JAMES, H. S. (2013), TIME UNDER AUTOCRATIC RULE AND ECONOMIC GROWTH. Contemporary Economic Policy, 31: 44–61. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2011.00287.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!