The paper benefited from the suggestions of Cynthia Bansak, Stephen Conroy, Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes, Mary Lopez, participants of the 82nd Annual Conference of the Western Economic Association International, and two anonymous referees. The authors also thank Rebecca Acosta, Abigail Cooke, Kevin McKinney, and Arnold Reznek for their help in acquiring access to the data. Financial support provided by the Haynes Foundation was greatly appreciated. The data used are confidential under Title 13, United States Code. Access was obtained through the Center for Economic Studies (CES) at the U.S. Census Bureau. Researchers can access the data files with a CES-approved proposal (see http://www.ces.census.gov). The analysis was conducted while the authors were Special Sworn Status researchers of the U.S. Census Bureau at the California Census Research Data Center, Los Angeles. Research results and conclusions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Census Bureau. This paper has been screened to insure that no confidential data are revealed.
A WARM EMBRACE OR THE COLD SHOULDER? WAGE AND EMPLOYMENT OUTCOMES IN ETHNIC ENCLAVES
Article first published online: 3 OCT 2012
© 2012 Western Economic Association International
Contemporary Economic Policy
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 93–110, January 2014
How to Cite
PEDACE, R. and ROHN KUMAR, S. (2014), A WARM EMBRACE OR THE COLD SHOULDER? WAGE AND EMPLOYMENT OUTCOMES IN ETHNIC ENCLAVES. Contemporary Economic Policy, 32: 93–110. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2012.00342.x
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 3 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!