*This work was done during the tenure of a National Defense Education Act Fellowship. I am indebted to Paul A. Samuelson for many helpful suggestions. I should like to thank Andrew M. Lewis for his comments on the behavorial assumptions for the rate of population growth.
A GOLDEN GOLDEN-RULE FOR WELFARE-MAXIMIZATION IN AN ECONOMY WITH A VARYING POPULATION GROWTH RATE
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2007
Volume 7, Issue 4, pages 307–318, December 1969
How to Cite
Merton, R. C. (1969), A GOLDEN GOLDEN-RULE FOR WELFARE-MAXIMIZATION IN AN ECONOMY WITH A VARYING POPULATION GROWTH RATE. Economic Inquiry, 7: 307–318. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.1969.tb01546.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!