*The authors are respectively, Professor of Economics, Professor of Economics, University of Alabama, and Assistant Professor, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. The authors thank Donald Frey, Barry Hirsch, James Lindley, James Marchand, Terry Seaks, Gary Zarkin, three anonymous referees and the editors for helpful comments on an earlier version of this paper. The usual caveats apply.
ENTRY LEVEL SALARIES OF ACADEMIC ECONOMISTS: DOES GENDER OR AGE MATTER?
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2007
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 128–138, January 1993
How to Cite
FORMBY, J. P., GUNTHER, W. D. and SAKANO, R. (1993), ENTRY LEVEL SALARIES OF ACADEMIC ECONOMISTS: DOES GENDER OR AGE MATTER?. Economic Inquiry, 31: 128–138. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.1993.tb00871.x
- Issue published online: 28 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!