*Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, College of the Holy Cross, and Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Wake Forest University. We wish to thank Joan Harmon, Marty Eisenberg, Robert Margo, Claudia Goldin, Hank Gemery, Richard Sutch, Price Fishback, Janice Madden, Paul Taubman, Nora Faires, Bill English, and Gerry Friedman for comments, as well as the participants of the Cliometrics Sessions at the ASSA meetings, at the Tenth North American Labor History Conference and the economics department seminars at Chicago, Lehigh, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wake Forest, and Washington (St. Louis). We also thank Roger Ransom and Richard Sutch for supplying us with additional data.
FEAR AND LATHING IN THE MICHIGAN FURNITURE INDUSTRY: EMPLOYEE-BASED DISCRIMINATION A CENTURY AGO
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2007
Volume 33, Issue 2, pages 234–252, April 1995
How to Cite
BUFFUM, D. and WHAPLES, R. (1995), FEAR AND LATHING IN THE MICHIGAN FURNITURE INDUSTRY: EMPLOYEE-BASED DISCRIMINATION A CENTURY AGO. Economic Inquiry, 33: 234–252. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.1995.tb01859.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!