An earlier version of this paper circulated under the title “Identifying Moral Hazard: A Natural Experiment in Major League Baseball.” Thanks to David Smith and the volunteers of the Retrosheet organization for compiling and sharing the play-by-play data. We also thank seminar participants at Clemson University, session participants at the annual meeting of the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America, Kevin Holman, and Jim Porter for helpful comments and suggestions.
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL: THE CASE OF THE DESIGNATED HITTER AND HIT BATTERS
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2008
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 131–144, January 2007
How to Cite
BRADBURY, J. C. and DRINEN, D. J. (2007), CRIME AND PUNISHMENT IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL: THE CASE OF THE DESIGNATED HITTER AND HIT BATTERS. Economic Inquiry, 45: 131–144. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2006.00029.x
- Issue online: 9 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!