We are grateful to the British Council and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs for financial support under the Alliance programme, and to Thomas Coutrot Ministère des Affaires Sociales, du Travail et de la Solidarité and Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques for permitting us access to the data. Coles and Treble are also grateful to Equipe de Recherche sur les Marchés, l’Emploi et la Simulation at Université Panthéon-Assas, Paris II for their hospitality and assistance. Earlier drafts of the paper have been presented at seminars at Oxford, Manchester, Newcastle, Arizona, University College Dublin, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique (Paris), the 2001 Education and Employment Economics Group Conference (Leicester), the 2001 Comparative Analysis of Enterprise Data Conference (Aarhus), the Society of Labor Economists 2002 (Baltimore) and the European Association of Labour Economists Conference 2003 (Paris). Comments from participants are gratefully acknowledged, especially those from Martyn Andrews, Tim Barmby, Peter Dolton, Francis Kramarz, Naçxi Mocan, Ron Oaxaca and Jean-Marc Robin. The final manuscript was much improved by comments from two anonymous referees.
PAY, TECHNOLOGY, AND THE COST OF WORKER ABSENCE
Article first published online: 4 APR 2007
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 268–285, April 2007
How to Cite
COLES, M., LANFRANCHI, J., SKALLI, A. and TREBLE, J. (2007), PAY, TECHNOLOGY, AND THE COST OF WORKER ABSENCE. Economic Inquiry, 45: 268–285. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2006.00031.x
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2007
- Advance Access Publication August 4, 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!