I am grateful for the insights offered by Edward F. Blackburne, Donald G. Freeman, and Hiranya K. Nath, and the comments of two anonymous referees. I also thank David Mathews, Jennifer George, Swapna Easwar, Gabi Eissa, and Sadaf Monam for their excellent assistance in the construction of the inequality and human capital data. Thanks also to Charles Hicks at the Internal Revenue Service for graciously providing state-level individual tax filing data for the years 1982–1987. I am grateful for the financial support provided by the Faculty Research Grant from the College of Business Administration at Sam Houston State University. All errors remain my responsibility.
INEQUALITY AND GROWTH IN THE UNITED STATES: EVIDENCE FROM A NEW STATE-LEVEL PANEL OF INCOME INEQUALITY MEASURES
Version of Record online: 8 APR 2008
© 2008 Western Economic Association International
Volume 47, Issue 1, pages 55–68, January 2009
How to Cite
FRANK, M. W. (2009), INEQUALITY AND GROWTH IN THE UNITED STATES: EVIDENCE FROM A NEW STATE-LEVEL PANEL OF INCOME INEQUALITY MEASURES. Economic Inquiry, 47: 55–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2008.00122.x
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 8 APR 2008
- Online Early publication April 8, 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!