We are grateful to Maria Claudia Lopez and members of the Faculty of Environmental and Rural Studies at Javeriana University in Bogotá, Colombia, who provided outstanding support for our work in the field. At each site, the experiments would not have been possible without the assistance of local community leaders who helped the research team develop credibility with local community members. We are also indebted to WWF Colombia for coordinating the fieldwork in the Pacific region. We received valuable comments and ideas from Sylvia Brandt, James Boyce, Juan Camilo Cardenas, and Samuel Bowles. Wendy Varner, and Susanne Hale provided valuable administrative support. Financial support from the U.S. Embassy in Bogotá is gratefully acknowledged. We assume complete responsibility for the final contents of this article.
CENTRALIZED AND DECENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT OF LOCAL COMMON POOL RESOURCES IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD: EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE FROM FISHING COMMUNITIES IN COLOMBIA
Article first published online: 17 APR 2008
© 2008 Western Economic Association International
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 254–265, April 2010
How to Cite
VELEZ, M. A., MURPHY, J. J. and STRANLUND, J. K. (2010), CENTRALIZED AND DECENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT OF LOCAL COMMON POOL RESOURCES IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD: EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE FROM FISHING COMMUNITIES IN COLOMBIA. Economic Inquiry, 48: 254–265. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2008.00125.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2008
- Online Early publication April 17, 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!