The authors wish to thank Bhaven Sampat for generously sharing his university patent data with us and Jerry Thursby for sharing AUTM data with us. Financial support for this project was received from the Science and Engineering Workforce Project, National Bureau of Economic Research. We have benefited from the comments of an anonymous referee, seminar participants at the Université Paris Sud, and participants at the Atlanta Conference on Science, Technology and Innovation Policy. All errors are those of the authors. The use of NSF data does not imply NSF endorsement of the research methods or conclusions contained in the article.
THE KNOWLEDGE PRODUCTION FUNCTION FOR UNIVERSITY PATENTING
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2008
© 2008 Western Economic Association International
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 192–213, January 2010
How to Cite
GURMU, S., BLACK, G. C. and STEPHAN, P. E. (2010), THE KNOWLEDGE PRODUCTION FUNCTION FOR UNIVERSITY PATENTING. Economic Inquiry, 48: 192–213. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2008.00172.x
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2008
- Online Early publication October 10, 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!