This research was conducted as part of a project on industry- and firm-level productivity in Japan undertaken at the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry. The authors would like to thank RIETI for providing us the opportunity of conducting this research and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry for providing us valuable data sets. The authors are also grateful to Kyoji Fukao, Tsutomu Miyagawa, Jungsoo Park, Eiichi Tomiura, Masaru Yoshitomi, and seminar participants at the RIETI-21st Century COE Hi-Stat Program Workshop and the RIETI DP seminar for helpful comments and suggestions and Young Gak Kim, Hyeog Ug Kwon, and Toshiyuki Matsuura for their help in constructing the data set. In addition, the authors are particularly grateful to three anonymous referees for their helpful comments. Inui thanks the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research). Hijzen gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Leverhulme Trust (Grant No. F114/BF). The opinions expressed and arguments employed in this article are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of RIETI or any of the institutions the authors belong to.
DOES OFFSHORING PAY? FIRM-LEVEL EVIDENCE FROM JAPAN
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2010
© 2008 Western Economic Association International
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 880–895, October 2010
How to Cite
HIJZEN, A., INUI, T. and TODO, Y. (2010), DOES OFFSHORING PAY? FIRM-LEVEL EVIDENCE FROM JAPAN. Economic Inquiry, 48: 880–895. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2008.00175.x
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2010
- Online Early publication November 10, 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!