This research was sponsored by the Accession Policy Directorate of the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness under contract number HQ0034-06-C-1026. We thank the Director of Accession Policy, Curtis Gilroy, for his support and encouragement of our work. We also thank Heidi Golding and other participants at the 2006 Western Economic Association meetings for comments on an early version of this paper and Alex Gelber, Martin Feldstein, and other participants at the summer 2008 NBER Program on the Economics of National Security for comments on a more recent version. The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not represent any official policy position of the Department of Defense. They alone are responsible for any remaining errors.
EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS AND MILITARY SERVICE: AN ANALYSIS OF ENLISTMENT, REENLISTMENT, AND VETERANS' BENEFIT USAGE 1991–2005*
Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2010
© 2009 Western Economic Association International
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 1008–1031, October 2010
How to Cite
SIMON, C. J., NEGRUSA, S. and WARNER, J. T. (2010), EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS AND MILITARY SERVICE: AN ANALYSIS OF ENLISTMENT, REENLISTMENT, AND VETERANS' BENEFIT USAGE 1991–2005. Economic Inquiry, 48: 1008–1031. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2009.00233.x
- Issue online: 14 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2010
- Online Early publication October 21, 2009
Vol. 49, Issue 1, 310, Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!