I thank Bruce Carlin, Mark Garmaise, David Hirshleifer, David Levine, and anonymous referees for reading the paper carefully and providing many useful comments. I am grateful to Eduardo Schwartz for help in formulating the problem elegantly in continuous time that allowed me to obtain the main results of the paper analytically. I also appreciate Michael Brennan, John Cochrane, and Steve Ross' encouragement.
POSSIBILITY OF DYING AS A UNIFIED EXPLANATION OF WHY WE DISCOUNT THE FUTURE, GET WEAKER WITH AGE, AND DISPLAY RISK-AVERSION
Article first published online: 11 MAR 2010
© 2010 Western Economic Association International
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 1098–1103, October 2011
How to Cite
CHOWDHRY, B. (2011), POSSIBILITY OF DYING AS A UNIFIED EXPLANATION OF WHY WE DISCOUNT THE FUTURE, GET WEAKER WITH AGE, AND DISPLAY RISK-AVERSION. Economic Inquiry, 49: 1098–1103. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2009.00271.x
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 11 MAR 2010
- Online Early publication March 11, 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!