I am grateful to the Social Science Research Council for financial support and the Management Science Group, US Department of Veterans Affairs for providing data. I also thank Paul W. Wilson, Partha Deb, Martin Gaynor, Bruce D. McCullough, and seminar participants at the Eastern Economic Association Conference and International Industrial Organization Conference for helpful comments. Any remaining errors are my responsibility.
DO MERGERS REALLY REDUCE COSTS? EVIDENCE FROM HOSPITALS
Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2010
© 2010 Western Economic Association International
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 1054–1069, October 2011
How to Cite
HARRISON, T. D. (2011), DO MERGERS REALLY REDUCE COSTS? EVIDENCE FROM HOSPITALS. Economic Inquiry, 49: 1054–1069. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2010.00246.x
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2010
- Online Early publication February 25, 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!