We are particularly grateful to Maria Alejandra Velez for her help with this research. In addition, the field research benefitted greatly from the efforts of Ana Maria Roldan, Laura Estevez, Melisa Arboleda, and Juan Carlos Rocha. The experiments would not have been possible without the help of the fishermen associations of San Andres and Providencia that helped the research team to develop credibility with local community members. Additional credit is due the Secretaria de Pesca del Departamento de San Andres. Thanks are due the members of the School of Environmental and Rural Studies at Universidad Javeriana, Colombia, for their ideas and support. Juan Camilo Cardenas provided critical comments on the experimental design. We also received valuable suggestions from James Boyce, Samuel Bowles and Elinor Ostrom. Wendy Varner and Susanne Hale provided administrative support. Financial support from the U.S. Embassy in Bogotá is gratefully acknowledged. We assume complete responsibility for the final contents of this paper.
COMPARING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF REGULATION AND PRO-SOCIAL EMOTIONS TO ENHANCE COOPERATION: EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE FROM FISHING COMMUNITIES IN COLOMBIA
Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2010
© 2010 Western Economic Association International
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 131–142, January 2012
How to Cite
LOPEZ, M. C., MURPHY, J. J., SPRAGGON, J. M. and STRANLUND, J. K. (2012), COMPARING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF REGULATION AND PRO-SOCIAL EMOTIONS TO ENHANCE COOPERATION: EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE FROM FISHING COMMUNITIES IN COLOMBIA. Economic Inquiry, 50: 131–142. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2010.00344.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2010
- Online Early publication December 16, 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!