We are grateful to the editor and two anonymous referees, G. Charness, R. Croson, W. Güth, D. Neumark, P. Oyer, E. Meyersson Milgrom, A. Riedl, R. Slonim, and P. Wakker for extremely useful comments and suggestions. We have also benefited from comments by participants at the EALE conference in Prague, the ESA International meeting in Montreal, the ESPE conference in Paris, the workshop on gender and the labor market at the University of Stanford, the Max Planck Institute workshop in Ringberg-Tegernsee, and at the Tinbergen Institute in Amsterdam. We thank R. Zeiliger for programming the experiment. Financial support from the French Ministry of Social Affairs (DREES-MiRE), from the National Agency of Research (ANR, RHISE program, no.045-675/50.0520), and from the Danish Council for Independent Research in the Social Sciences is gratefully acknowledged.
GENDER MATCHING AND COMPETITIVENESS: EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE
Article first published online: 26 APR 2011
© 2011 Western Economic Association International
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 816–835, January 2013
How to Cite
DATTA GUPTA, N., POULSEN, A. and VILLEVAL, M. C. (2013), GENDER MATCHING AND COMPETITIVENESS: EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE. Economic Inquiry, 51: 816–835. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2011.00378.x
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!