We thank Lucy Ackert, Mardi Dungey, Ann Gillette, Scott Hein, Mark Fisher, Delroy Hunter, Cesare Robotti, and Paula Tkac for numerous helpful comments. We have received helpful comments from participants at seminars at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the Bank of Finland, Cambridge Endowment for Research in Finance at Cambridge University, the City University Business School in London, EDHEC, Louisiana State University, the University of Carlos III, and the University of Georgia. Two referees' comments significantly improved the paper. Pam Frisbee, Budina Naydenova, and Shalini Patel provided excellent research assistance and Linda Mundy put everything together. Dwyer thanks the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture for support of projects SEJ2007-67448/ECON and ECO2010-17158. The views expressed here are the authors' and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta or the Federal Reserve System. Any errors are the authors' responsibility.
RETURNS TO INVESTORS IN STOCKS IN NEW INDUSTRIES
Article first published online: 22 JUL 2011
© 2011 Western Economic Association International
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 1031–1049, October 2012
How to Cite
BARNHART, C. and DWYER, G. P. (2012), RETURNS TO INVESTORS IN STOCKS IN NEW INDUSTRIES. Economic Inquiry, 50: 1031–1049. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2011.00395.x
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 22 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!