I thank William Dickens, John Helliwell, Robert Putnam, Thomas Sander, and an anonymous referee for very helpful comments. Special thanks go to DDB Worldwide for making their Life Style data available for my use in this study, and to Allan Frei for his help in accessing data on snow depth. Paul Durso and Yuewei Wu provided excellent research assistance.
DOES SOCIAL CAPITAL PROMOTE SAFETY ON THE ROADS?
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2011
© 2011 Western Economic Association International
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 1218–1231, April 2013
How to Cite
NAGLER, M. G. (2013), DOES SOCIAL CAPITAL PROMOTE SAFETY ON THE ROADS?. Economic Inquiry, 51: 1218–1231. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2011.00411.x
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1How Durable are Social Norms? Immigrant Trust and Generosity in 132 Countries, Social Indicators Research, 2015,, , ,
- 2Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms in an older population, Aging & Mental Health, 2015, 19, 8, 713, , , , , , ,
- 3Does Associational Behavior Raise Social Capital? A Cross-Country Analysis of Trust, Eastern Economic Journal, 2014, 40, 2, 150, , ,
- 4Lonely Highways: The Role of Social Capital in Rural Traffic Safety, Eastern Economic Journal, 2014,, ,
- 5The relationship between social capital and traffic law violations: Israeli Arabs as a case study, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2014, 71, 273, , ,