We are grateful to N. Guner (the co-editor) and two anonymous referees for very thoughtful comments, and to A. Bassanini, B. Decreuse, P. Francois, J. Knowles, M. Leonardi, M. Manove, M. Santos, and participants in seminars at Bocconi, Cergy-Pontoise, ECB, ESSLE 2008, GREQAM, Leicester, Lyon, Montreal, and Paris School of Economics for helpful discussions on earlier drafts of the paper. We are also grateful to Jorge Rodriguez for excellent research assistance. The authors gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science (ECON2009-10818, ECO2010-19357), Comunidad de Madrid (Excelecon grant), Banco de España (Excellence Research grant), and the French National Research Agency grant ANR-2011-BSH1-014-01. García-Peñalosa is a CNRS researcher.
ON GENDER GAPS AND SELF-FULFILLING EXPECTATIONS: ALTERNATIVE IMPLICATIONS OF PAID-FOR TRAINING
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2012
© 2012 Western Economic Association International
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 1829–1848, July 2013
How to Cite
DOLADO, J. J., GARCÍA-PEÑALOSA, C. and DE LA RICA, S. (2013), ON GENDER GAPS AND SELF-FULFILLING EXPECTATIONS: ALTERNATIVE IMPLICATIONS OF PAID-FOR TRAINING. Economic Inquiry, 51: 1829–1848. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2012.00485.x
- Issue published online: 6 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!