This is a slightly revised version of the original 2001 unpublished manuscript. I would like to thank Patrick Bayer, Gautam Gowrisankaran, John Rust, Christopher Timmins, and especially my advisors, Steven Berry, Ariel Pakes, and Martin Pesendorfer for valuable advice and general encouragement. I have greatly benefitted from discussions with Eugene Choo, Philip Haile, Jerry Hausman, Günter Hitsch, Nickolay Moshkin, Katja Seim, and Nadia Soboleva. Seminar participants at Harvard and Yale provided many helpful suggestions. I am indebted to Mark Bates of PC Data, Inc. for providing the data without which this research would not be possible. I am grateful to Susan Olmsted for her help with administrative issues and to Anita Todd for her help with editing this paper. All errors are my own.
DEMAND FOR DIFFERENTIATED DURABLE PRODUCTS: THE CASE OF THE U.S. COMPUTER PRINTER MARKET
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
© 2012 Western Economic Association International
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 1277–1298, April 2013
How to Cite
MELNIKOV, O. (2013), DEMAND FOR DIFFERENTIATED DURABLE PRODUCTS: THE CASE OF THE U.S. COMPUTER PRINTER MARKET. Economic Inquiry, 51: 1277–1298. doi: 10.1111/j.1465-7295.2012.00501.x
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!