Moving forward: nurses are key to achieving the United Nations Development Program's Millennium Development Goals
Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2011
© 2011 The Authors. International Nursing Review © 2011 International Council of Nurses
International Nursing Review
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 55–58, March 2012
How to Cite
Amieva, S. and Ferguson, S. (2012), Moving forward: nurses are key to achieving the United Nations Development Program's Millennium Development Goals. International Nursing Review, 59: 55–58. doi: 10.1111/j.1466-7657.2011.00944.x
- Issue online: 15 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2011
- 2011) Community Health Workers. Global Health the Magazine. Available at: http://www.globalhealthmagazine.com/top_stories/community_health_workers/ (accessed 01 July 2011). & (
- 2008) Alma-Ata: Rebirth and Revision 7. Integrating health interventions for women, newborn babies, and children: a framework for action. Lancet, 372, 990–1000. , & (
- International Save the Children Alliance (2010) A Fair Chance at Life: Why Equity Matters for Child Mortality. London. Available at: http://www.savethechildren.nl/Campagnes/stop_kindersterfte_home/MDG_mudit/ (accessed 27 October 2010).
- United Nations (UN) (2010a) We Can End Poverty Millennium Development Goals 2015. ‘Factsheet: Goal 5 Improve Maternal Health’. Available at: http://www.un.org/en/mdg/summit2010/pdf/MDG_FS_5_EN_new (accessed 23 March 2011).
- United Nations (UN) (2010b) The Millennium Development Goals Report 2010. New York. Available at: http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/pdf/MDG%20Report%202010%20En%20r15%20-low%20res%2020100615%20-.pdf (accessed 29 October 2010).
- United Nations (UN) (2011) The Millennium Development Goals Report 2011. New York. Available at: http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/pdf/%282011_E%29%20MDG%20Report%202011_Book%20LR.pdf (accessed 11 July 2011).
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) (2010) Narrowing the Gaps to Meet the Goals. New York. Available at: http://www.unicef.org/media/files/Narrowing_the_Gaps_to_Meet_the_Goals_090310_2a.pdf (accessed 27 October 2011).
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) (2005) State of the World Population. ‘Reproductive Health: A Measure of Equity’. Available at: http://www.unfpa.org/swp/2005/pdf/en_swp05.pdf (accessed 30 October 2010).
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Kin-moon (2010) ‘Global strategy for women's and children's health’. The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (WHO). Available at: http://www.un.org/sg/hf/Global_StategyEN.pdf (accessed 27 October 2010).
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2010) Nursing and Midwifery Services Strategic Directions 2011–2015. Geneva. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2010/WHO_HRH_HPN_10.1_eng.pdf (accessed 03 July 2011).