Part of the research reported in this paper was camed out while the author was on a “Soros” research grant at the University of Oxford. The Soros Foundation's assistance is gratefully acknowledged. The author also thanks Csaba Pléh, David Phillips, and John Backhouse for their advice and support, as well as the two anonymous readers for their valuable comments. Requests for reprints may be sent to Zoltán Dörnyei, Department of English, Eötvös University, Pesti Barnabás utca 1,1052 Budapest, Hungary.
Conceptualizing Motivation in Foreign-Language Learning*
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2006
© 1990 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 45–78, March 1990
How to Cite
Dörnyei, Z. (1990), Conceptualizing Motivation in Foreign-Language Learning. Language Learning, 40: 45–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-1770.1990.tb00954.x
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!